Queer Tech Voices Summit
A developmental summit for LGBTQ+ tech students across the US
Queer Tech Voices is Google's all-expenses-paid developmental summit for US-based LGBTQ+ tech students focused on celebrating intersectionality. We're bringing students passionate about queer visibility together from all around the country for a weekend of community making, knowledge sharing, and vision building for a kinder technology future.
Acceptance to Queer Tech Voices includes full travel sponsorship:
- Round trip flight to Los Angeles, CA (from within the US or Canada)
- Reimbursement for ground transportation to and from the airport and the hotel
- Arranged hotel accommodations from January 31st-February 2nd
- All meals beginning with Friday night dinner to Sunday lunch
- Fun events and so much swag!
Summit dates: January 31 at 7:00 p.m. to February 2 at 3:00 p.m.
Eligibility and application
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a current full-time student in a 4-year BA/BS program in the US (excluding territories)
- Be a declared computer science major or minor (computer engineering, software engineering, or related areas welcome)
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for increasing queer visibility in technology
- Be able to attend the full duration of the summit
The summit is open to all qualified university students who meet the above criteria. We are committed to addressing diversity and equity in the technology industry. Students who are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please complete the online application, which will include:
- An updated resume (PDF required)
- A current unofficial or official college transcript (PDF required)
- Responses to multiple short answer questions. Each response should be under 200 words (PDF required)
You may also like
Women in Cloud, Amsterdam
The Women in Cloud event series is coming to Amsterdam for the first time! We are opening our doors for an evening full of talks and networking opportunities for women and allies in Cloud to grow, connect and get a behind-the-scenes look at Google Cloud.
Meet us at LISA where systems engineering and operations professionals share real-world knowledge about designing, building, and maintaining the critical systems of our interconnected world.