CSSI is an online, four-week introduction to computer science (CS) for rising first year college students with a passion for technology — especially students who identify with groups that have been historically marginalized in the field. CSSI seeks to inspire the tech leaders and innovators of tomorrow and build self confidence, agency, and efficacy. Students will learn computer science fundamentals, participate in workshops to promote self-care, identity, career, and skill development, and build community with peers and industry professionals.
- Connect historically excluded students with the skills, confidence, and agency to thrive in the tech industry.
- Facilitate authentic learning experiences that support the development of STEM identities.
- Empower students to persist through the first year of a rigorous CS program.
- Expand access to computer science in communities and encourage networking, friendships, etc. within those communities.
- Provide exposure and insight into Google’s community, culture, and opportunities.
- A project-based curriculum designed to prepare students for their first year of college pursuing CS or a related major.
- Developmental workshops each week to promote self-care, identity, career, and skill development.
- Build community through daily interaction with peers, Google engineers, and industry professionals
- Exposure and insight into Google’s internship programs and technical career opportunities.