The Software Product Sprint (SPS) program is committed to increasing representation in tech by building a network of support for students who identify with historically excluded groups. SPS introduces students to tech industry best practices, diverse career paths to and within the tech industry, and an opportunity to apply concepts learned in school to hand-ons and collaborative projects.
During this 11 week program you will have the opportunity to work alongside a community of Googlers and peers to:
- Build a personally meaningful web app
- Practice interviewing with Google engineers
- Get feedback on your resume from Google recruiters
- Participate in an online community and regularly scheduled career workshops
The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications and we strongly encourage students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry, including Women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, students with disabilities, and veterans to apply. Previous participants of SPS are not eligible to reapply.
- Provide students practical experience with industry-aligned skills: contributing to open source software using Git and GitHub, conducting code reviews with/for teammates, extending an existing codebase, participating in distributed development, and designing new components and interfaces.
- Connect students to a community of like-minded peers and Googlers.
- Support students in navigating their own unique career paths within CS.
- Provide exposure and insight into Google’s internship program and other career opportunities in the tech industry.