STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program)
Google's STEP internship — for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for computer science
Note: The STEP North America application will be open from September 16, 2019 - Nov 1, 2019
STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program), formerly known as Engineering Practicum, is a 12-week internship for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for computer science. The internship program has a focus of providing development opportunities to students from groups historically underrepresented in tech, through technical training and professional development.
Our unique internship offers the opportunity to work on a software project alongside other STEP interns and full-time Googlers, and provides the chance to bridge the gap between academic understanding and practical professional experience.
What you can expect from your STEP internship:
- Project: Complete a challenging technical project where you will build solutions and gain exposure to immense scale and complexity.
- Enrichment: Attend technical talks by Googlers, gain insight into technical interview preparation, learn about Google’s coding practices and technologies, and develop other skills that will set you up for success.
- Mentorship: Receive coaching and mentorship from Google engineers to guide you through your summer experience.
- Connect: Build personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share your passion for technology.
- Must be a first-year or second-year undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field at a university in North America.
- First-year students must have taken one college level Computer Science course by the end of first semester. (AP or IB Computer Science is acceptable.)
- Students must be available for a full-time 12-week internship from May 2020 to August 2020 or June 2020 to September 2020.
- Second-year students should have taken two Computer Science courses.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Returning to a Bachelor's degree program with at least two years remaining in their academic program after completion of the Summer 2020 internship
You may also like
Software Product Sprint
Software Product Sprint is a 11 week virtual program that provides college students with practical experience in collaborative, project-based web-development.
Legal Summer Institute
The Legal Summer Institute provides law students with insight into in-house and legal careers at Google and internships with partner law firms.