Google Lime Scholarship
Google's education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields. As part of our commitment, we’ve partnered with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers, to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2021-2022 school year
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have, or consider themselves to have, a visible or invisible disability (see Lime Connect’s approach to disability here)
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2020-21 academic year
- Plan to enroll as a full-time student at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2021-22 academic year
- Maintain a strong academic performance
- Be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for computer science and technology
You will be asked to complete an online application through Lime Connect which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser, or supervisor
- Responses to three short answer essay questions
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The Google Lime Scholarship is administered by Lime Connect. Please see Lime Connect's website for complete information on the scholarship. Google may retain anonymized versions of application submissions as a reference for future scholarship review.
Still have questions?
You may also like
Google Scholarship recipients
We are thrilled to announce this year's recipients who represent 145 universities across 25 countries.
Generation Google Scholarship (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Designed to help aspiring students pursuing computer science or gaming degrees excel in technology and become leaders in the field. We strongly encourage women to apply.